Tuesday 3 June 2014

MAY FAVOURITES










 May is the month that I always dread most, as it means one thing and one thing only for students, exam season! This month saw my last ever university exams completed and fingers crossed, passed with good marks! I now cannot wait to enjoy all of the future Aprils and Mays, as they're normally so sunny and being stuck inside revising really puts a damper on things.  Although make-up wasn't worn as much as I would have liked and shopping definitely didn't take place, I've still managed to collect together a few products that I really enjoyed last month.

First, a month of essay writing and revision tends to lead to a lack of sleep, so I've been really packing on the under eye brighteners! First I use the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, then the Bare Minerals Stroke of Light to brighten and then set with MAC's emphasize powder. The concealer covers any darkness and then the pink toned Stroke of Light helps counteract any left over darkness while also brightening, with that duo and emphasize to set, I looked like I'd had my 8 hours every night! 





The Bare Minerals Ready foundation has been a new favourite of mine for the last few months; it's so quick and easy to apply and far more long wearing than any of my liquid foundations so it worked great when I just couldn't face no make up and also on exam days. It provides medium to full coverage, which is very surprising coming from a powder product. Peaches blush has been my go to lately; it's a gorgeous peach colour...obviously, but easy to wear. To add to the quickness of May's make up, you could call it laziness or I'd prefer smart thinking... I've been multi tasking the Real Techniques Blush brush. I've been using it for foundation, powder, bronzer and blush and it works great. The tapered top makes it ideal for blush and bronzer but it's still big and round enough for buffing in foundation and powder. 


The Urban Decay Chill setting spray has finally made an appearance this month. I got it for my birthday or Christmas last year, I can't remember which - they're only 2 weeks apart! As it started to get warmer and I needed my make up to last longer, as my drive to uni is 2 hours, plus exams being 3 hours and then 4 hours ahead of the exam to cram and a further 2 to drive home, I wanted my make up to last. The spray seemed to do a good job at helping the staying power of my make up but it's also really nice just to spray to refresh, especially as it has a cooling effect which has been great with the heat and my skin has been playing up lately and feeling a lot drier than usual. 


Finally, the Laura Mercier ambre vanille fragrance. I first smelt this scent from heaven in February when my sister and I went to see Taylor Swift in London. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist all day and knew I needed it! My sister Hannah kindly bought it for me at the beginning of May as an early finishing uni present and I've worn it everyday since! It's quite strong, as in a little goes a long way - which my boyfriend and Hannah frequently told me, after I'd been spraying quite freely. 


I hope you've all had an enjoyable May and I will now be back to regular posting - yeyey! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved