Sunday 8 June 2014

OOTD & MAKE UP | DATE NIGHT

Since being at university, I've had barely any free time to just relax and not need to be doing any work. My final year at uni was especially horrendous and It lead to me constantly moaning about never going out and my poor boyfriend had to suffer the, "we never go out, but you always go out with your friends." I moaned even though I knew it was because I was doing work all the time and I work weekends, so when he was free I definitely wasn't... Typical girl.




Anyway, as a kind of finishing uni treat my boyfriend took me to one of our favourite restaurants. Actually that's kind of a lie as I drove as his car was having an MOT, but he did plan it... and second, I say 'one of our favourite,' like we have several but really the only other place we seem to go is Nandos so this one was a huge step up. Anyway, back to reality, It's a beautiful country barn style restaurant, in the middle of no where, it's quite fancy inside, with candles and smart waiters, plus canapés and sorbet between courses. I always feel like dressing up a bit more when we go so I decided to wear this red flower dress from Red Herring. It's so pretty and easy to wear as it's a good length and  covers all the right places. I decided to wear my Zara heels to kind of spruce up the outfit and add a little edge to it, with the lace up style... I know what I mean! The heels are around 4 inches so they're not too high and fairly easy and comfortable to walk in, as heels go! 






For my make up I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Pro longwear concealer with Bare Minerals Stroke of light under my eyes. For my eyes I used MAC's Sable all over the lid, Twinks in the outer corner with embark to deepen the crease and outer corner. I used Texture and Rule through the crease and Make up Geek's Shimma Shimma eyeshadow under the brow and in the inner corner. On My cheeks I used MAC's Peaches blush and Give me sun to bronze. My lipstick is the L'oreal Eva's nude. Finally... Lashes are Lauren's Way. 



I really need to take more photos, as I now wish I had some of the food to show as it's always very impressive looking. I had crab and prawn tian with mango for starter, which was very nice, I had no idea what it was but I knew I liked prawns so just went with it. For main I had the best chicken ever... sorry Nandos, it just doesn't compare. I'm trying to eat better and cut down some pounds which I think joined me through exam period... thanks for that guys... so I passed on dessert. Plus I'm not all that into desserts anyway and tend to only go for ice cream, which I hate paying restaurant prices for. 


Do you have any good date places that you like to go or any new ideas on what to do? I hope you're all having a good week and I'll be back soon! :) 








2 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks perfect, love it! Josie xxx

    http://josielcross.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved