Friday 6 February 2015

CURRENT FAVOURITE: VOLUMIZING HAIR PRODUCTS

I'm pretty useless with styling my hair; it's very thin, fine and it just doesn't do much. At the end of last year I took quite a dramatic step and had most of my hair chopped off to a short jaw line kind of bob. It's been great as the shorter my hair gets, the more volumised it looks, but it has meant that every day I have to style my hair in some way or another; you can't get away with just letting it dry and hoping for the best. Here are some of my current favourite's to make my hair look like it isn't as flat as a pancake, (speaking of which, that day is fast approaching). 



First up and perhaps the most obvious - hair rollers! These are the Lauren's Way Sleep in Rollers but aside from the 'sleep in' factor, don't all hair rollers do the same? They are quick and easy to use and do really make a difference to my hair, by giving it better shape and volume. I wouldn't say they are great to sleep in, but they are definitely manageable if you only put them in the top layers of your hair. 

The Lush BIG Sea Salt Shampoo is my absolute favourite hair product of all time; it smells amazing, makes my hair feel amazing and is just amazing! It's a slightly weird texture, as it literally is full of sea salt, but once you rub it into your head it lathers up really easily. My boyfriend once asked me what perfume I was wearing, when it turned out it was actually this shampoo. I find that my hair looks much more volumized and fresh, making me feel like I'm constantly in a 'because you're worth it' kind of mood.

The V05 Extra Body Mousse, seems to hold the volume into my hair much better and doesn't leave it sticky or hard feeling like other mousses have done. I love the Bed Head Superstar Thickening Spray as it really does seem to make my hair look thicker and fuller; it's prefect for really fine hair. It makes a lot of difference when blow drying my hair and still doesn't leave any sticky feel to my hair or weigh it down at all.
I grabbed the L'oreal Thickening shampoo and conditioner when they were first released after hearing great things about them, but they haven't lived up to my expectations. The first time I used them my hair did feel like it had so much more thickness and volume but since then, I haven't noticed any difference. When I bought the shampoo and conditioner there was some kind of offer on if you bought 3 items from the range so I also picked up the Fibrology Thickness Creation Double Serum. You can apply it to damp hair or dry hair and It mainly seems to help add texture to the hair. I also like to use the L'oreal Studio Line #TXT Volume Supersizing Spray as a final styling product. It adds so much texture to the hair and a great shape while keeping it from going flat. 

Next up on my list of products to try is the Charles Worthington Texturising Spray and also the Batiste XXL Plumping Powder. Let me know if you have any favourites that you would recommend. 


2 comments:

  1. I need to try Big Conditioner! My hair is quite big anyway but I'd love to see the effects a voluminising treatment has on it! Great review, I'm a new follower and cant wait to read more <3

    I'm giving away a Polaroid Camera on my blog if you're interested!
    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do, it's lovely! Lucky you, I wish mine was.

      Thanks :) x

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved