Friday 17 July 2015

THE 'UNSUNG HEROES' OF THE EVERYDAY BEAUTY PRODUCTS


As I write this post I am currently enjoying the sunshine outside in my garden and typing away on my new Macbook Pro. The only downside is the flies that seem to enjoy landing on it - much to my disapproval. Apart from that it's quite a nice experience blogging outside, as I can't actually hear any other people, that is apart from my boyfriend who is just inside currently shooting people on Grand Theft Auto, which is definitely lowering the tone just a little. Today I wanted to share the products that I like to use everyday but kind of go un noticed most of the time, my everyday essentials that don't really make it into favourites posts because they're not really that exciting but nonetheless they are products that I've really been enjoying using every day.

First would be the products that I use in the shower. My sister had been telling me for months that I had to try the Garnier Ultimate blends Shampoo and Conditioner as she absolutely loved it and we do have the same type of hair; thin, flat, boring... I put off buying it until I had run out of my current products, so it did take me a while. I was using the L'oreal Thickening collection before but didn't find that it left my hair feeling anything special so I was happy to change. My sister told me to get the ones that she got, which were the Silky Smoother range, designed for people with mid to long hair and split ends. Now, I don't really have any of this but she assured me I still needed it. I had my hair cut very short last year so it has now just about grown out to a long bob, just about touching my shoulders. As it was cut so short I also don't really have any split ends. She was right though, as they both make my hair feel so lovely and really soft and silky as the name suggests. It looks and feels so much better than before I started using these. They contain vanilla milk and papaya so of course they also smell amazing.

I've been using the Soap & Glory Orangeasm Body Wash and although I don't think you can go hugely wrong with any shower gel, it is really nice to use. Once again it smells amazing, quite citrus with a little zest but not your typical orange scent. It's a great product to wake you up in the mornings and leaves my skin feeling pretty soft, even before moisturiser. One product that I don't use everyday but do enjoy using if I want a little more moisture, is the Soap & Glory Whipped Clean Shower Butter. I like to use this after the body wash if my skin is feeling particularly dry or if I just fancy a little extra pamper. I don't actually need to apply moisturiser after using this product but I normally tend to, as I use self tan so I don't want to risk going patchy!

The moisturiser that I have been constantly using lately is The Body Shop Shea Butter Body Lotion. You may notice that it's not actually in the photo...I only realised once I had uploaded the photo and put everything away so it'll just have to hope it makes it into a future post.  It's quite a lightweight formula and has a pump, which makes it great at applying very quickly and absorbing fast so you can get dressed straight after. I find that it hydrates and moisturises the skin really well; I never feel like I have dry skin throughout the day, even though it is more light weight than others. The smell is fairly subtle and kind of reminds me of a very toned down coconut smell.

Throughout the day I like to use the Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream, I can't stand my hands feeling the slightest bit dry and as everyone over maybe 30 says; you need to take care of your hands and neck as these are the areas that aren't afraid to show their true age!

I thought I would include a perfume here, as lately I have been wearing perfume most days. My favourite at the moment is the Giorgio Armani Si perfume.  I actually nabbed this off of my nan, believe it or not. She said her friend gave it to her, I presume because she didn't really like it anymore and my nan isn't really the person to wear perfume so she said I could have it. When it was released I worked in a department store on one of the make up counters. At the time I wasn't sure if I really liked it but then I kept smelling over people wearing it and really liked it. I think it's quite a unique fragrance and I've just realised that I also liked the Armani Diamonds fragrance, which I think it is of a similar scent family... I don't know!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I've used the L'Oreal thickening shampoo and conditioner in the past too and didn't really notice a difference but I will look into getting the Garnier one, it sounds lovely! Also, what widget do you use to get instagram on your sidebar?

    Emma xx || emmalsrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      The first time I used them I thought it was amazing but then on, nothing. I definitely recommend the Garnier range, they're lovely!

      I don't even know, I just remember googling how to get an instagram on your blog kind of thing...

      xx

      Delete
  2. Great beauty picks. I love Soap & Glory products they are such great value for money.

    Check out my latest post <3
    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own the Soap and Glory Orangasm body wash as I feel it's quite strong! I love Sugar Crush though! I really want to look into the whipped clean shower butter as I think it sounds quite interesting, and I can imagine it smelling dreamy as Soap and Glory are good at that xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sugar Crush too, it's probably my favourite scent from S&G. It definitely is worth trying :) xx

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved