Friday 20 March 2015

Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit

Not too many months ago I naively thought that maybe, just maybe this whole contour craze had died down a little. Clearly I couldn't have been more wrong as  lately there seems to have been a new contour kit released every other week. While I was working on a make up counter I consistently had people come and ask me if we sold contour kits. I can't really be bothered with cream contouring, unless for a special occasion and I'm trying to save money so I can't justify the Anastasia Beverly Hills price, so I was very excited when I saw the Barry M contour kit in one of Amelia Liana's videos

Prior to hearing about Barry M's Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit, I'd been using Benefit's Hoola bronzer. It did a good job but I still felt like I needed more. Barry M's contour kit was so affordable that I just had to try it. Initially I thought the dark brown contour shade, furthest to the right would be quite scary to use, but it's not, it's just the right shade for fair to medium complexions. It's great for just a quick stroke of colour but can also be built up if you want a darker, more contoured look. It's cool undertone helps to really sculpt the cheek bones, It's quite rare to find a good contouring shade, that's affordable and isn't too warm. All of the shades are really pigmented and blend really well. They feel quite smooth, creamy/buttery, like good eye shadows do and seem to last well throughout the day. I like the light highlight shade, but I'm still not sure that it beats my beloved MAC Emphasize powder. The medium brown, middle shade is more like a bronzer to blend out the contour and add warmth to the complexion. All three shades work really well together and I think they are great shades that will suit a lot of skin tones. I would definitely recommend this contour kit, as a great value and more travel friendly option. 
You can purchase Barry M's contour kit from Boots or Superdrug for £6.49. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved