Saturday 4 April 2015

CLARINS SKINCARE HAUL

This may seem a little excessive in the skincare department even for us beauty bloggers, as lets face it - there's not one but three cleansers here! If you've read my High End Beauty Haul post you will know that I recently left my retail, make up counter job for a life of Monday-Friday, no weekends, no bank holiday, no rude customer bliss. The only thing I decided that I would miss from my old job was the staff discount, so to ease the pain I decided to stock up on products that I knew I would use, so that I don't have to pay full price for them any time soon. 


One of my absolute favourite skincare products that I own is the Clarins Blue Orchid Treatment Oil. I contemplated repurchasing a back up but decided that instead I should just get the Lotus version for oily/combination skin, as I still have most of the bottle left. I don't have uncontrollably oily skin but I do often look in the mirror near the end of the day and think I'm slightly more lets say 'dewy' than I'd like to be, or in places that I don't want that natural glow. 

Another of my favourite Clarins products is the Extra Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing cream. I bought this as a back up as my boyfriend also quite likes to use it as he has pretty dry/sensitive skin. It's a great cleanser for all skin types; it smells lovely and leaves the skin really soft and comfortable feeling. 

A further repurchase was the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner. I like this product when I use it but I do often forget to use it, as I only aim to use it a few times a week at most. I'm trying to use mine more in my routine to see more of a difference. I repurchased as I don't have anything else like it in my routine, so I took advantage of the discount but I'm now interested in trying the Pixi Glow Tonic after as it's around the same price. 

Okay this is getting a little samey but the final repurchase was the Cleansing Milk and Toning lotion set for oily combination skin. The set was only £22 originally and also included a travel size eye make up remover so with my discount it was a great bargain! I love both of these products and they have a more typical 'Clarins scent,' even though they are the cheaper of Clarins products I always feel a little luxurious when using these products. 

The last product I bought was the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel. I received a sample of this before and really enjoyed using it as it left my skin feeling so silky, hydrated and refreshed. It's a gel formula but once you add water it turns to more of a milk. 

I was contemplating getting even more but I didn't want to just spend for the sake of the discount, as although I'd be saving a lot, if it's stuff I wouldn't have actually bought it doesn't really count as a good deal... I turned down the cellulite cream as I was very sceptical that any cream could actually combat cellulite, so instead I'll just go for a few more runs and squat a little more... joy.  I did buy a couple of make up items but I think they'll make an appearance later on. 

What are your favourite products from Clarins? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved