Friday 24 May 2013

FOTD & OOTD : Brown/gold smokey eye + pink lip


 
This is all very new to me. Firstly, I think I only worked out what 'FOTD and OOTD' (I think)! is a few weeks ago. I'm not very good with slang or any type of abbreviations the youngsters use today - yes I am 20 but really I feel nearer 50. Secondly, before I started this blog I despised 'selfies.' I stayed away from them as I could never get the angles right myself and ended up looking very odd! I was always impressed by anyone who could actually take them and still look good! So after searching through the masses which were either blurry or just too cringey, this is the best I've got. No one tells you how hard taking close up photos of yourself is, I have a new found respect for beauty bloggers! 

 I think this is a good fresh but made up look for spring/summer. The skin has a fresh, light healthy glow as I have only used a low/medium coverage foundation, which is especially good for the warmer weather that spring is SUPPOSED to bring!




 The eyes are nicely defined with the brown eye shadow, but not too heavy. (I hope)!

 I have shaped the eyeshadow with an angled brush and just used the darker shade in the outer corner of the eye and lightly through the crease and under the eye.

 Outfit: 
-Top: New look
- Trousers: Forever 21
-Shoes: Zara 
- Bracelets New look


Products used:   

Face:  

  - Primer: Rimmel  Fix & Protect pro (Wouldn't recommend it as a primer but it is moisturising and my skin was feeling pretty dry + I'm trying to use it up)
Foundation: Bourjois  Healthy mix serum  (shade 55 dark beige)
- Concealer: Collection (Shade 2 light) and Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch (shade 01).
- Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte (Shade peach glow 003) - (Unfortunately missed out of the photo)!
- Bronzer: Bourjois bronzing powder
- Blush: Benefit Hervana (also manages to escape the photo, I'll get better)!!


Brushes: 

- All Real Techniques : 
- Buffing brush for foundation
-Multi  task brush for powder and bronzer
- Contour brush for slight contouring around cheekbones 
- Blush brush for blush
- Deluxe crease brush for concealer


Eyes:

- MUA Undressed eyeshadow pallette
- MUA matte eye shadows in shade 20 and 19  
- Mascara: Avon super extend extreme 
- Brows: MUA pro-brow kit 
- Eyelashes: Eyelure false lashes 101
- Eye liner: MUA jet black and snow white
You can order MUA worldwide online

Lips:

- LUSH Sugar scrub (previous review on blog here)
- Revlon lip butter (shade Sweet tart) (previous review on blog here)






 

2 comments:

  1. haha, I'm the same way about selifes, but you look great! Gorgeous makeup.
    xoxo Aimee
    bowandbeau-ties.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad I'm not the only one, they are pretty tough. Thank you :) I'll check out your blog x

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved